Pages.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Guest Post from Nicole: On Friendship

I sometimes wonder why I'm friends with Katherine. (Clearly this is not Katherine talking. Unless Katherine has multiple personality disorder, but I'm pretty sure she doesn't, as we're in two separate bodies. Maybe a clone?)

Anyway, sometimes I wonder why I'm friends with Katherine. I wonder why I'm friends with everybody. And then Katherine opens her mouth and something random and hilarious like, "I just want to hang out with Mark Twain and electrocute myself! That's all I want!" comes out, and I giggle, and I stop worrying about why I'm friends with people.

That's the thing about friendship, though. You shouldn't have to worry about it, and I usually don't. [1] It should be something that's just fun and crazy and you share the same interests (like Doctor Who!) or even if you don't it's just fun.

The moral of this post: If you're friends with somebody and the friendship stresses you out, it's not worth it. Trust me. Life is so much better when you're not stressing over things like that.


[1] Unless it's 3 am and I can't fall asleep which rarely happens but when it does... ALL THE THOUGHTS.



**I got tired of hearing my own voice (I know, I know, sign of the apocalypse), so Nicole stepped in for today. Now I can worry about newspaper and not blogging (yay!). She blogs regularly about YA and other equally sexy things at www.wordforteens.com. Go there.


No comments:

Post a Comment